Godcopp

Lookie what I got, more AMD McLovin'

Well the results are in and in the totally biased and wholly unscientific tests I have concluded exactly what I expected. That a cheap ass AMD CPU will overclock and beat the hell out of a cheap ass Intel processor.

The first chart shows the max overclock for each processor on air at stock voltages. Why air and stock voltages you say? Well because air is cheap, first of all and secondly because I need completely stable CPUs and find that voltage bumps cause long range trouble. And well, because its my freakin' test, right?!

The second chart show the percentage of overclock above the stock speed.

The last chart shows the MIPS Whetstone and Drystone score for each CPU. Since they are in totally different machines I used this score as a CPU only testing measure.

Well, as you can see, The AMD 5000+ BE which runs around $45 beat the hell out of the Intel Pentium D 805 ($25) and the Intel Pentium D 830 ($40) in pure CPU tests. Take that Intel lovers!! :dita:

Talk about getting one over on the man, huh?

Besides, I'm cheap as hell! :dancepirate1:

It is fun seeing what these will do and figuring out the best way to do. When i7s hit <$100, I might consider buying one. Until then, I play with old skewl. :headbang:

You like those? I was bored.

Anyway, I call BS :bs: on a $40 e4300. Show me and I'll buy 10 tonite, cause they're going for $80+ on FeeBay.

Plus I wanna see that OC, CPUZ, validated please. :poke:

Damn, I paid LESS than $80.00 for mine a LOOOOOOONG time ago. That's a rip off iffin ya asks me.

This has been posted at (TPF) for like EVER man. Plus I figured that you, of all people great or small, short bus or regular, wouldn't ever again question my overclocking honesty or overclocking integrity. After all we've been through?!?! That just hurts man. Tito get me a tissue. *sniffle

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

attachment.php?attachmentid=11&d=1215743093

I wasn't questioning your OCing ability friend, that has been well established, thus the poking smiley. Just hadn't seen it. What type of cooling?

However, I would love to have a $40 e4300. Got any more?

Whew, that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Originally it was OCd to 3.3 with the as shipped Intel HS/fan. Then I put a Thermaltake Big Typhoon on it and went to 3.6 at a LOWER voltage. I ended up with a CoolerMaster all in one watercooling system for the CPU only, with a tiny 80mm fan and radiator. It was quiet and it cooles well. I have 4 of them now on as many CPUs and have been pleased as punch.

Damn doode, dats actually really kewl. Isn't that normally like 2.6ghz? You got it to 6ghz?!?! Am I right here?

Have you run Rosetta on that yet? Gimme some scores man. Run 3dmark06 if you can. I would be interested in what your CPU scores are. It doesn't matter what your vid card is. Come on man, gimme da juice. :D I might just consider getting one to play with. Damn, 6 ghz? Per core? Kewl. I wonder how it compares to some of my older core2s. Lets run some benchmarks. I'm game for whatever. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Wait a minute. Is that 3000mhz PER CORE? Or izzat 6000mhz per core?