goodspeed

Left 4 Dead Co-op.

So it would seem that we finally have some gen-yoo-wine interest in an actual (TPF) Left 4 Dead CO-OP game. We have a LAN party scheduled here for the weekend of September 18-19-20 and as per usual we will fo sho be playing some L4D. It would be great iffin any of you (TPF)ers would be able to play during that time. I figure that should give you plenty of notice to juggle your schedule if you have to and also for those that don't already own the game to actually BUY THE DAMN THING (hint, hint). AFAIK, Huge, TheDude, Paintballgirl, Tansage and myself already have the game. The rest of you schmucks NEED to go out and buy a damn copy.

It's currently $29.99 at Wally World and online. Here is a link to Dload the STEAM client. It's free. http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi

And here is a link to the L4D page. http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/ .

In single player Co-Op mode you can have up to 4 people, if you don't have 4 people the empty slots will be played by Bots. In -vs- mode you can have up to 8 people, 4-vs-4. Four people get to be the "Survivors" and try to fight their way out of the city to safety. And four people get to play special versions of the "Infected" and have to stop said Survivors from escaping. More fun just can not be had right now in the PC world of gaming. I have been playing this game for almost a year now and have to say that it still holds my interest, even in single player story mode. I have logged more play time on this one game than any other game I have played. It really is that much fun. :thumbup:

So I figger we should pick a time to play. Here are my suggestions for that week end.

1)Fri night starting at 8:00 P.M. Central

2)Saturday afternoon starting at 12:01 P.M. Central

3) Saturday evening starting at 6:00 P.M. Central

Hows about you guys chime in with what time/day that you would be avail for the Zombie Killing and we take it from there. Paintballgirl, Tansage and I are good for the whole week end, plus we have many more available to fill slots not taken up by (TPF) members. After some 4 player Co-Op action the "8 player -vs-" is to die for. :D

I will be out for the next week for business but when I come back, "Let's get it on!"

Crash Course delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay and bridges the storyline between the No Mercy and Death Toll campaigns in the original game. To celebrate, we are offering Left 4 Dead at 50% off for 3 days. Or share the fun - get the Left 4 Dead Four Pack and give the game to your friends.

While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of Crash Course is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns.

Learn more about the free, all-new free Crash Course DLC on the Left 4 Dead Blog. http://www.l4d.com/crashcourse

Awesome!!!!!

We gots aNuther LAN planned for the weekend of the 10th and 11th. :dancepirate2:

Come on all you pussies, it's only $14.99 so there's no excuse not to get it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

Buy Left 4 Dead

Add to Cart

$89.99 $44.99

Buy Left 4 Dead - Four Pack

Includes four copies of Left 4 Dead - Send the extra copies to your friends

Add to Cart

Packages that include this game

$99.99

Buy Valve Complete Pack

Includes: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead

Package info Add to Cart

About the Game

Crash Course

Crash Course delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay and bridges the storyline between the No Mercy and Death Toll campaigns in the original game. While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of Crash Course is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns.

ABOUT LEFT 4 DEAD

From Valve (the creators of Counter-Strike, Half-Life and more) comes Left 4 Dead, a co-op action horror game for the PC and Xbox 360 that casts up to four players in an epic struggle for survival against swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters.

Set in the immediate aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, L4D's survival co-op mode lets you blast a path through the infected in four unique “movies,” guiding your survivors across the rooftops of an abandoned metropolis, through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests in your quest to escape a devastated Ground Zero crawling with infected enemies. Each "movie" is comprised of five large maps, and can be played by one to four human players, with an emphasis on team-based strategy and objectives.

New technology dubbed "the AI Director" is used to generate a unique gameplay experience every time you play. The Director tailors the frequency and ferocity of the zombie attacks to your performance, putting you in the middle of a fast-paced, but not overwhelming, Hollywood horror movie.

• Addictive single player, co-op, and multiplayer action gameplay from the makers of Counter-Strike and Half-Life
  • Versus Mode lets you compete four-on-four with friends, playing as a human trying to get rescued, or as a zombie boss monster that will stop at nothing to destroy them.
  • See how long you and your friends can hold out against the infected horde in the new Survival Mode
  • An advanced AI director dynamically creates intense and unique experiences every time the game is played
  • 20 maps, 10 weapons and unlimited possibilities in four sprawling "movies"
  • Matchmaking, stats, rankings, and awards system drive collaborative play
  • Designer's Commentary allows gamers to go "behind the scenes" of the game