Paintballgirl(TPF)

The great Iowa road trip

The great Iowa road trip

Hey all! Just got back home from an awesome road trip dad and I took over the weekend, and thought I'd share some of the things we did.

Over the weekend we did some rifle training. I used my new i-Kam Xtreme glasses to take some video of the weekend, and made a short movie to show you guys:

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/submit/goodspeed/rifle%20training%20vid.wmv

That was just a taste of some of the training we went through, I must say the best part of the training for me was at the end of day 2. We preformed a “break from contact drill” where a team of two would simulate assaulting a target, (such as a building, group of enemies, Etc.) One person would yell: CONTACT! And drop into their preferred shooting position and begin shooting, while the other person would a run a short distance and then drop into their preferred shooting position and begin shooting. This is your partners cue, they would run a short distance, drop into position, and begin to shoot. The process continued until we were 15 yards from the target, (we had started at 100). The whole experience was extremely intense, but at the same time exhilarating! I wish I could have recorded it, however my i-Kam had run out of battery life by then.

On the way home we decided to stop in LeClaire, Iowa to visit Antique Archeology (for those of you who have ever watched American Pickers on The History channel, this is their store) which was a fun experience, however a little disappointing because I found it to be very tourist attraction-y

attachment.php?attachmentid=681&stc=1&d=1337711870attachment.php?attachmentid=682&stc=1&d=1337711928

We also stopped at a HUGE consignment/thrift store on the way back and I bought 162 marvel comics for, (drumroll please) twenty cents each. oh yeah! :cheers:

attachment.php?attachmentid=683&stc=1&d=1337715343

Overall we had a FANTASTIC road trip, however we are planning to wait a bit before our next one, as both of our bodies still hurt from training, and when we walk you could mistake us for arthritic old folks. :D

Thanks for listening!

I hope you realize what a great Dad you have. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Absolutely! We had such a great time on that trip, Nothing like bonding through shooting things that explode! :rock2:(did I mention we shot Tannerite?) Now if I could only get him to be as accepting of boys as he is with guns I'd be set! :D

No one from the show was there. It was actually quite disappointing. I was looking forward to haggling on one of Mikes cars that was obviously sitting in the same spot it had been for over a year. I wanted PBG to drive it home. It would have been a blast. No one their was authorized to deal. I brought CASH. I left with CASH as well. Their loss.

No one from the show was there. It was actually quite disappointing. I was looking forward to haggling on one of Mikes cars that was obviously sitting in the same spot it had been for over a year. I wanted PBG to drive it home. It would have been a blast. No one their was authorized to deal. I brought CASH. I left with CASH as well. Their loss.

You'd think Danielle would be there atleast. What a bummer man but atleast the shooting was awesome.

*edited to add*

I watched the vid but it was boring as hell....i guess its a shooting thing you'd need to appreciate it. You guys ever read the Bob Lee Swagger books by Stephen Hunter? awesome reads.

You'd think Danielle would be there atleast. What a bummer man but atleast the shooting was awesome.

*edited to add*

I watched the vid but it was boring as hell....i guess its a shooting thing you'd need to appreciate it. You guys ever read the Bob Lee Swagger books by Stephen Hunter? awesome reads.

Danielle actually has a shop right across the street from Mike and Frank. Its full of overpriced rummage sale crap and run by her parents. Damn her mom is a pushy salesperson. We bought nothing. Danielle was not there either and hadn't been for months. I didn't realize how much of the show was staged. Disappointing.

Stephen Hunter is a real good writer. I enjoy his books very much. I met Hathcock in the early 90s. He was not what I expected.

Danielle actually has a shop right across the street from Mike and Frank. Its full of overpriced rummage sale crap and run by her parents. Damn her mom is a pushy salesperson. We bought nothing. Danielle was not there either and hadn't been for months. I didn't realize how much of the show was staged. Disappointing.

Yeah they really make it seem like Danielle is almost always there running the shop, but shes not. It was very staged, and made me lose a lot of respect for a show that used to be in my top ten.