Paintballgirl(TPF)

The Sikh temple shooting in WI, And my open carry experience

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hey all. I just wanted to tell you about an experience I had yesterday and to get some feedback on it.

As I'm sure you all know, yesterday a gunman killed six people at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, WI. At the time it happened my father and I were taking some pistol training at a nearby range. The whole morning we had heard sirens, and seen helicopters flying over, but thought nothing of it until we started receiving concerned texts from our friends and family who knew we were in the area, (thanks thedude :thumbup: ) the news was spotty at the time, but still enough to make everyone there stop everything to try to process the fact that something of this nature had happened so close to home. The range we were at was about four minutes away. After that the sound of sirens seemed so much sadder to all of us.

After we finished the training, my father, the instructor, and I decided to go to a local gun shop. Because of the temple shooting, I decided that for the first time other than work I was going open carry. (I would have concealed, but you have to be 21 in WI) We went into the gun store, (Shooters Sports in Racine) looked around at the holsters for a bit, and then went up to the gun counter. While I was looking, an older man that worked there approached me from behind the counter and asked me if I could "clear my mag", pointing at my gun. (I was carrying a Glock 17 on my right hip in a Blackhawk Sportster, with two extra 17 round magazines in an uncle mikes mag holder on my left.) I looked at the man with bafflement. "you want me to what?" I asked. "clear your mag" he said. "for safety purposes". This derp was asking me to empty my gun in the middle of the store. My father asked him, "do you have a SAFE area she could do that in?" "uhhhhh well, I could let her do it in the range" Dad and I looked at each other in disbelief for a moment, and then I said to him, "you know dad, I'm going to wait in the car."

I had just been asked to unload my gun, in a gun store, for safety purposes.:bs: I wondered if they made every MAN that walked in open carrying unload? Every police officer? How about all the concealed carriers? (both my father and our friend had been carrying concealed, and I can only imagine multiple people around the store were as well) We all left without buying a thing. Needless to say I will NEVER return to Shooters Sports in Racine.

After we left we headed across the street to a pizza joint for dinner. We arrived five minutes before they opened, so we waited right outside the door until they did. When the host (A boy, looking to be about twenty) arrived to let us in, he literally talked to my gun, because he was staring at it the whole time. (I almost jokingly said "my eyes are up here") he let us into the waiting area, and then said, "uhhh just wait here a moment" we all looked at each other with raised eyebrows, and wondered if we would have to eat somewhere else that night, as he was obviously going to check with the boss about me (and by "me" I mean my gun). Just to be clear, there were no visible "No Guns Allowed" signs posted anywhere, as I had specifically checked.

After a short while he came back and did allow us to dine. We ordered the biggest pizza on the menu, 20" by 36", half roma style and half chicken alfredo. We were there for about two hours, and our waitress stopped by maybe four times, while I noticed she had no problem checking in and serving all of her other tables. She brought us our bill without asking if we wanted anything else, which was a loss for her because we did. Thankfully the pizza was good. When we walked out, the waiting area was packed, and a group of teenagers was right outside the door waiting to get in. A boy in the group about my age opened the door for me, I thanked him, and as he went to respond, he noticed my gun and stared at his feet. While we walked to the car, I noticed that the whole group was staring at me. (to one of the kids credit, I heard a whispered "dude she's zombie patrol!" (( my shooting belt is a seat belt from an old ford, buckle closure and all, that has printed on it: zombies Y U no die?)) The whole experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and makes me look forward to the day I can conceal carry. Any of you sea-dogs have a bad open carry experience? I'd love to hear it.

Yet again, Thanks for listening.

Your shoot shop pizza place story caused me a wry smile

and the video had me laughing out loud!

I can imagine a young woman shoving me in the chest then putting multiple rounds

center mass hahahahahah

yes if more people were trained and armed these silly mass shootings would all have quite different outcomes.

And Krusty no we couldn't give a shit about the pansies living elsewhere.

Do you rednecks ever wonder how the rest of the civilized world gets by without carrying sidearms?

lol. Redneck? Really? Come on Krusty, you can do better than that. I could see iffin we lived next door to TheDude maybe. :D The last thing we are however, is be some Red Necks, specially all the ways up nort here wher it dun get reely c-c-cold. :wave: As far as the rest of the sissilized world, well I guess for the most part I take responsibility for myself and just try to keep my nose on my face and concern myself with me and mine. Iffin only they would do the same.

yes if more people were trained and armed these silly mass shootings would all have quite different outcomes.

Most parents worry about the safety and well being of their children when they leave the nest. I'm more likely to worry about... well nothing really. I sleep like a baby every night knowing that my daughters fate is in good hands. Her own.

Most parents worry about the safety and well being of their children when they leave the nest. I'm more likely to worry about... well nothing really. I sleep like a baby every night knowing that my daughters fate is in good hands. Her own.

:thumbup:

And Krusty no we couldn't give a shit about the pansies living elsewhere.

How do you know there weren't "trained and armed" people in the crowd and they were just too shit scared to do anything?

I imagine that there's a huge difference between shooting at a stationary target and a moving human being who is going to shoot back.

Anyone waving weapons around appears to be scared shitless and useless without them anyway.

How many of these mass shootings included a civilian shooting back?

Contrary to the cartoon like image you seem to hold in your mind

that every American goes walking around with two .45 Colt Sixguns

strapped round their waist...

or perhaps none of them like to go to the places where these shootings occur?

yeah if you have handled weapons since you were a pre-teen

and have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds and

just happen to have your sidearm with you when some nutcase

starts gunning down unarmed innocent civilians

no doubt you'd pee yerself and run like everyone else for the exits

and get shot in the back...? n3vzhc.jpg

Nobody that I know has "cartoon like ideas" of Americans. (Edit: Other than imagining you're like Elmer Fudd huntin' wabbit)

The fact of the matter is that having firearms readily available to the public only makes it easier for your "Loonies" to get armed and go "Postal".

I'd like to know if any legal gun carrying citizen ever stopped one of these street massacres?

The fact of the matter is that having firearms readily available to the public only makes it easier for your "Loonies" to get armed and go "Postal".

Actually it's a federal crime to sell a firearm to a certified Loon (mentally incompetent). So your "fact" doesn't hold water unless you can provide us with some actual data. But lets take your statement at face value for a moment and suspend logic temporarily and assume it's true. I would then ask you to take the number of actual gun totin Loons in society and compare that to the number of actual gun totin Good Guys (and Gals) in society. I would venture to say that the number is significantly smaller. Small risk. Not unlike the number of drunk drivers compared to sober drivers. Small risk. That's why we still have cars and can drive on roads. And to go "Postal" is rooted in actual Post Office employes shooting up their own workplace. Federal employees. Passed a Federal background check and such. "Good Guys". Not Loons.