squeeks

The future

I would love to get this place going again. Either on the continued focus of hardware, overclocking and distributed computer or shift the focus one whatever our hobbies reflect. 

For the past few years I've been managing gaming communities so that is my specialty at the moment. I know that doesn't fit eveyones fancy but perhaps it could be a part. 

Looking for ideas, let me know! 

Several years back I think we talked about getting away from the pirate theme, I'm ceartinly open to discussion on any ideas. We also own the old overclockers-network.com domain but I'm not sure that really fits the main focus of this community either. Really interested to hear what yall want to do. 

I think the hayday of over-clocking has slipped on by. Although I love custom computers and still have a heart for it, the overclocking portion has just lost its appeal to me. That being said, I know there are still many folks interested, just look at the success of Jays Two Cents and the like.

I've got a 16 GB Kit of G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4-3200 RAM that doesn't work for crap in my Ryzen system and needs some Intel love. I'd be willing to donate, perhaps we could have a give-away to generate some traffic? Nothing like free stuff to pull in traffic.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:31 AM, Godcopp said:

I've got a 16 GB Kit of G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4-3200 RAM that doesn't work for crap in my Ryzen system and needs some Intel love. I'd be willing to donate, perhaps we could have a give-away to generate some traffic? Nothing like free stuff to pull in traffic.

Why doesn't it like Ryzen? 

I have the same problem with come Corsair 3200 on a 2200G. I had to swap out the old 2666 from my i3 into it as it wouldn't run stable with that RAM even dialed back to 2400. Though, I haven't updated the BIOS in a while, and this is all in mini-ITX, so maybe more solid options have better luck...